December 8, 2011

wRite a Riff #2

This is basically me ranting about life.  Life is life when people don't ever fully understand.  They will never be you and they will never see past the exterior and you don't want them to anyways because it's scary.  That is what inspired this piece of work.

I Want To Be A Singer

I want to be a singer
I love the sound of music in the background
I love the meaning each of us has
For the same words spelled the same way.
I hope that maybe
just maybe if
I sing with enough emotion,
just a little bit louder,
maybe, just maybe
someone will see my meaning.
Someone will see my thoughts.
Someone will see my feelings.
But this will never happen I fear.
Every word, every syllable
resonates deep within me
and you see the evidence
in the bumps along my arms.
How can anyone see?
How can anyone not see?
Picture Link
There is deep pain and deep joy
but mostly deep fear and deep love
of that which surrounds me.
I pretend, ignore, and withstand
yet I am not an actress.
I still see the world through myself.
I am not someone else
yet you cannot see
because of the mask I hold over my face.
It is see-through
yet you cannot see trough it.
Because I want to be a singer
and yet you will never know it.